Saturday, December 8, 2007
We Are One Human Family! -- Mailart Project for Martin Luther King Day
2008 will mark 40 years since the passing of Dr. King.
Please share in an exciting and collaborative mailart project in honor of this human rights leader. Mailart submissions will be exhibited on January 20th, 2008 during the Martin Luther King Day Celebration at South Medford High School in Medford, Oregon, USA.
WHAT IS MAILART?
It is any creation you send through the mail. In this case, we ask that it be a postcard related to the theme of: "We Are One Human Family!" For more information, go to the links listed below to view other mailart projects and sites.
MLK MAILART GUIDELINES:
1) Theme: We Are One Human Family!
2) Media: Postcard size; Technique: Free
3) Submission Deadline: December 15, 2007
4) Mail to: Tanya Bemis, P.O. Box 1018, Ashland, OR 97520, U.S.A.
5) Please include your name, return address, age, and nationality.
6) No entry fee. No returns. Documentation to all participants who provide email address.
7) Please make sure your submissions are child-friendly as the display will be held at a public school.
SCROLL DOWN for a sampling of submitted pieces of mailart for this project. Public mailart exhibit: January 20th, 2008. South Medford High School. For more information about Medford's MLK Day Celebration please visit the Multicultural Association of Southern Oregon's website at: http://www.mcaso.org/KingCelebration.html.
A friendly CHALLENGE to the locals of Southern Oregon: Can we work together to send in more mail-art postcards than have already been submitted from afar? As of December 18, 2007 we have received over 285 submissions from the following 33 countries:
Posted by Contact Info: at Saturday, December 08, 2007