Welcome to Mailart for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
2008 will mark 40 years since the passing of Dr. King. Please share in an exciting, collaborative mailart project in honor of this human rights leader. Our goal is to receive a minimum of 500 mailart submissions from around the world, so please pass the word around. The submitted pieces of mailart will be exhibited at an educational workshop on the weekend of January 19th and 20th, 2008, in Medford, Oregon, U.S.A. The entire community will be invited to participate! Stay tuned to this website for more details.
WHAT IS MAILART? It is any creation you send through the mail. In this case, we ask that it be a postcard related to the theme of "We Are One Human Family!" For more information, go to the links listed below to view other mailart projects and sites.
MLK Mailart Guidelines:
1) Theme: We Are One Human Family!
2) Media: Postcard size; Technique: Free
3) Submission Deadline: December 15, 2007
4) Send to: Tanya Bemis, P.O. Box 1018, Ashland, OR 97520, U.S.A.
5) Please include your name, return address, age, and nationality.
6) No jury. No entry fee. No returns. Documentation to all participants who provide email address.
SCROLL DOWN for a sampling of submitted pieces of mailart for this project.
Public mailart exhibit and workshop time and location: TBA